The Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Marketplace helps people without health coverage find and enroll in a plan. The Affordable Care Act features the “Patient’s Bill of Rights” that gives the American people the stability and flexibility they need to make informed choices about their health. All plans in the Marketplace cover essential health benefits, pre-existing conditions, and more. If you don’t have coverage through a job, Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or another source, the Marketplace helps you find and enroll in a plan that fits your budget and meets your needs.
The Open Enrollment Period for 2015 coverage is over, but you can still get coverage two ways:
- If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period due to a life change like marriage, having a baby, or losing other coverage
- Through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program, which provide coverage to families and individuals with limited income or other reasons.
If you have any questions, or would like to apply, you may contact one of our agents. While applying, we’ll help you determine if you can qualify for:
- A health insurance plan with savings based on your income. Most people who apply qualify for premium tax credits that lower the costs of coverage. Some also qualify for savings on deductibles, copayments, and other costs. All plans cover:
- Essential health benefits
- Pre-existing conditions
- Preventive care
- Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). These programs provide free or low-cost coverage to millions of individuals and families with limited income, disabilities, and some other circumstances. Many states are expanding Medicaid to cover all households below certain income levels.
You can apply for Medicaid and CHIP any time of year. There’s no limited enrollment period for these programs. If you qualify, coverage can start immediately.ACA Marketplace